“There’s a heaven on Earth that so few ever find
but the map’s in your soul
and the road’s in your mind.”
– Dan Fogelberg –
The Wild Places
Steve Kozak, M. Photog., Cr., Certified Professional Photographer, is an active member of the Texas Professional Photographers Association (TPPA) and the Professional Photographers of America (PPA).
Steve has earned the “Master of Photography” and the “Photographic Craftsman” degrees and the “Certified Professional Photographer” designation from PPA. He has also been awarded the “Full Fellowship” award from TPPA.
Steve’s work has been accepted into numerous exhibitions representing TPPA and PPA, including a prestigious Loan Collection and an exhibit by Eastman Kodak Company and Walt Disney World that is held at EPCOT in Orlando, Florida.
Professional recognition of his work also include:
- Numerous Distinguished Print Awards
- The MASTERPIECE AWARD from Fuji USA
- The Sunset Award from Lexjet
- The “Trophy Print” award for best portfolio
- Numerous “Merit” prints from PPA
Steve has recorded over a dozen videos for the PPA EDU program. These videos include classes on the fundamentals of photography, manual flash photography, exposure, opening a new studio as well as videos for CPP study preparation.
He has taught 20 years at the prestigious Texas School of Professional Photography and 17 years at Imaging USA. He has also taught at the Mid-America Institute of Professional Photography, the East Coast School and Image Explorations near Victoria, British Columbia.
Steve’s articles have been published in The Professional Photographer and Texas Professional Photographer magazines. His informative and inspiring programs make him a popular instructor on the speaking circuit.
Steve’s service to the professional photographic industry include:
- Currently serving TPPA as the Executive Director
- Currently serving as a PPA Approved Certification Instructor
- Currently serving PPAedu as an instructor on the PPAedu website
- Recently completed service as Director on the PPA Board of Directors
- Recently completed service as Board Liasion to the PPA Convention Committee
- Recently completed service as Board Liasion to PPA Charities
- Recently completed service as a PPA CPP Image Submission Judge
- Recently served as Co-Chair of PPA Certification Committee
- Recently completed service to PPA on the Certification Commission